Sustainable Merton is always keen to hear from volunteers with various skills to offer, and are searching for those who could, in particular, support us in the area of PR and communications.
Increasing our presence via local media will help to raise awareness of the work we do in Merton and to reach a wider audience within the borough.
We are looking for a PR volunteer to help tell our story and bring to life the projects we are running, or are involved with, as well as sharing the stories of our wonderful volunteers and the communities we are supporting.
Can you help with any of the following tasks?
- Liaising and building good relationships with local media (i.e. press, magazines, radio).
- Identifying and creating opportunities to engage local media.
- Preparing press releases and distributing to local media.
- Ensuring maximum coverage of Sustainable Merton’s events, projects and activities
- Identifying and writing up case studies from our projects and communities we are working with (which includes attending events and speaking to volunteers and local community members to collect descriptions, quotations and photos)
to tell us more about your interests, experience and what you hope to gain from volunteering with us!
Get in touch
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator – Amy for more info!