Big Dig Day
Time & Location
About The Event
You'll learn how to prepare your own growing space and help with earthing up potatoes, sowing crops, weeding and setting up bean poles. And if that doesn't tempt you, perhaps you'll come for the homemade cake?
On the day
- Please wear strong shoes and old clothes which you don't mind getting muddy
- Bring gardening gloves if you have them
- Tools will be provided
- Drinking water is available on site and we'll be using a kelly kettle to boil water for teas and coffees
- There are no toilets on site, but there will be access to some just a 5 minute walk away.
- The ground is too rough for wheelchair access but children's buggies will be able to enter the site.
- Children are welcome if accompanied by adults (they cannot be left without a responsible adult).
If you have any queries on the day, please contact Ruth on 07503 155321
Please note: The event will be cancelled if it's raining.
The Big Dig Day is a national campaign to promote edible gardens and encourage people to volunteer. Join thousands of visitors and volunteers taking part across the country to explore how to grow food and celebrate the start of spring and the new growing season. Find out more at the bigdig.org.uk.