Sun, 04 Feb|
Exhibition Room, The Stableyard
Sustainable Merton's Seed Swap Event
Join in and get ahead of the growing season by swapping your seeds so you can start sowing seeds early
Time & Location
04 Feb 2024, 10:00 – 14:00
Exhibition Room, The Stableyard, Morden Hall Rd, London, Morden SM4 5JD, UK
About The Event
Join in and get ahead of the growing season by swapping your seeds so you can start sowing seeds early.
PLEASE CLICK 'READ MORE' TO VIEW THE FULL DETAILS
What seeds can I bring?
Suitable seeds to swap can include those harvested from your garden or any other excess packaged seeds you already have. Seeds of flowering plants, vegetables, fruit, ornamental plants, etc. can be swapped. Please bring your seeds and any packaging, spoons, containers, labels and marker pens, and join with your community neighbours to help sort, package and label seeds. If you have brought along seeds, you may swap your seeds with someone else.
Do I need to book?
Booking is not essential, but it does help us ensure we have enough packaging materials and can set out the venue to welcome everyone safely. You can arrive at any time between 10am - 2pm, and drop in and leave at your leisure.
Is the event free?
There is no cost to attend and the event is free. By bringing your seeds and helping to sort and package them, you are already contributing to your community. You are however also welcome to make a small voluntary donation which will help us continue our environmental community work on growing spaces, food response, energy, air quality and waste. Donations can be made via Localgiving.
What facilities are available?
There is a cafe nearby and accessible restrooms and hand-washing facilities close by. Chairs and tables will be available.
How do I get there?
- The seed swap will be held in the Exhibition Room near the second-hand book shop in the Stable Yard of the National Trust, Morden Hall Park.
- Morden Tube station is a short walk from the venue.
- There are a variety of TFL buses which stop at Morden.
- The 80 bus stops on Morden Hall Road.
- Parking is available at the National Trust car park, subject to their parking regulations.
- Directions to the Morden Hall Park National Trust can be found HERE.
Supervision and risk assessment statement
- Please ensure that any children or pets are fully supervised at all times.
- Seeds can be harmful if ingested by adults, children, babies and dogs - so please ensure adequate supervision at all times. Please ensure seeds are not ingested. Seeds swapped are only intended for seed sowing and not for consumption as food or snacks.
- Participation is at your own risk and we cannot guarantee all seeds will germinate - but it is a great way to increase plant stock and encourage biodiversity within the borough.